Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Salsa!!

As you all know from my previous entries that i like to garden, and I never told you what all I did with my fruits of labor. Well, I ate a lot of tomato's straight off the plant and sauteed the peppers, squash and zucchini but the best thing was salsa. I made tons of homemade salsa this past summer and still am from the veggies and spices from my garden!

One of my best bowls recently was super hot and had local produce from my garden and my parents! It had four different kinds of peppers, tomato's, onions, lime and cilantro. The only thing not from a local garden were the limes and onions. Yes, yes I know you see canned tomato's, but don't worry I usually cut up an extra tomato too dull down the spice from the canned tomato's with peppers.

I put the tomato's in first, then dice up the onions and peppers to throw in. I use a chopper so they are diced up very small, no seeds for the jalapenos. Chop the cilantro a bit and squeeze the lime and set in the fridge for at least 30 min. And you have homemade salsa. And any tortilla chip will do!

This particular bowl was super spicy for Halloween and had to have a warning label for the weak!

No comments:

Post a Comment