Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Chairs Pretty in Pink

I finally sewed the slip covers for the bar stools! Yay! And I can sew!! After having the sewing machine in my possession for about 4 months now, I completed the chairs in only 3 hours! Who knew sewing would be so easy.. NOT! Let me say the slip covers are done and look lovely, they by no means are high quality! But it's ok because they work for what I need them to do!! I am also going to add some cute green satin ribbons to connect the two pieces.... in a few months... as soon as I can!
Don't mind the ribbon, I cut that off. I was just showing my skills... of not knowing how to tie off the string.
I was told this weekend by a real seamstress that using a hot glue gun to attach the ribbons would be sufficient. So that is what I will be doing! Easy peasy!
Of course during lunch I couldn't help myself and I went into Marshalls looking at dish towels. But again I couldn't help myself and I bought some cute pink and white striped ones to match the chairs!!
Finished Product! Oh and there's the bean! She made it into all of my pics!

3 comments:

  1. SO fun! Love the print. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, It was pretty easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE the chair covers!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete